SEMI® is the global industry association serving the manufacturing supply chain for industries that include semiconductors, photovoltaics (PV), LED, flat panel displays, and other electronic industries.
Cimetrix supports this industry initiative by software, services, and support for SECS/GEM, GEM 300, EDA (Interface A), and PV2 (PVECI) standards. Cimetrix is an active SEMI member and we hold two co-chair positions in SEMI committees for continuous standards development and evolution. We are also actively involved with the SEMI PV Group. In addition, Cimetrix is a member of SEMATECH and we have collaborated with them on numerous projects, such as ECCE and ECCE v2.
SEMI standards are voluntary technical agreements between suppliers and customers, aimed at improving product quality and reliability at a reasonable price and steady supply. Standards ensure compatibility and inter-operability of goods and services. These standards are generated by industry experts with the goal of reducing the time and cost of developing new equipment, increasing equipment reliability, and reducing the time and cost of integrating the equipment into the factory. In addition, standards help lower manufacturing costs.
The information below will provide background on the SEMI standards Cimetrix supports. For more information about SEMI standards, visit SEMI Standards Program.
Some of this information may require Acrobat Reader available for free from Adobe.
SEMI Standards White Papers
SEMI Standards Recorded Webinars
SEMI Standards Presentations
Articles on SEMI Standards & Cimetrix Products
- July 2009: Improving Efficiency and Productivity with a Data-Driven Tool Architecture, SEMI.org, co-authored with Axcelis
- June 2009: Creating a Data-Driven Tool Architecture, Solid State Technology, by Larry Bourget of Axcelis and Dave Faulkner of Cimetrix
- October 2008: EDA Interface Value Proposition, Solid State Technology, by Gino Crispieri and Harvey Wohlwend, SEMATECH
- July 2008: Introducing CIMControlFramework, Solid State Technology, by Debra Vogler
- June 2007: Implementing a Strategy for Effective Fab Data Management, Solid State Technology, by Doug Rust and Bill Reid of Cimetrix
- January 2007: Developing a Consensus-Based Plan for the Next Wafer Size Transition, Solid State Technology, by Joseph Draina, Denis Fandel and Jackie Ferrell
- January 2007: Improving Fab Productivity with New Standards for Equipment Data Acquisition, Solid State Technology, by Gino Crispieri, SEMATECH
- September 2006: Here Comes the Virtual Factory, Control Design, by Loren Shaum
- July 2006: 2006 Editors' Choice Best Product Awards, Semiconductor International by Jennifer Yario, Associate Editor
- June 2006: Fab Automation Gets Boost From Interface A, Semiconductor International, by Aaron Hand, Managing Editor, with an excerpt from Bob Reback, President and CEO of Cimetrix
- July 2005: The Standard Pieces of SEMI's Interface A Semiconductor International, by Brian Rubow, Cimetrix
- February 2005: Microsoft Gets Involved in Interface A Effort, Electronic News, by Online Staff
- February 2005: Microsoft Supports Interface A Adoption for Semiconductor Manufacturing published by Microsoft
- 2004: Practical Implementation of Interface A on a Novellus Gamma Photoresist Strip Tool report by Jaideep Jain & Russell Fleming of Novellus and Dave Faulkner of Cimetrix
- 2003: PCB Equipment Communication Standards Today and Tomorrow, APEX 2003 in Anaheim CA, by Brian Rubow, Cimetrix
Back to Top