HSMS Generic Services
The HSMS Standard defines message exchange procedures for using the TCP/IP network protocol.
- Establishing a communication link between entities using a TCP/IP connection procedure
- Developing and maintaining the protocol conventions necessary for exchanging SECS messages between entities
- Sending and receiving data using TCP/IP
- Recognizing error conditions
- Ending communications formally to confirm both parties no longer need the TCP/IP connection
- Breaking the communications link logically without any physical disconnect from the network medium
- Testing the communications link for the purpose of connection integrity
- Rejecting connection attempts from incompatible subsidiary standards
In addition, the SEMI E37 standard describes special considerations, such as network timeouts, and handling multiple connections, which should be taken into account in a TCP/IP implementation.
Back to top.
Implement the HSMS E37 Standard with these Cimetrix Products
CIMConnect is an object oriented software development kit for equipment suppliers to quickly develop host equipment communications interfaces. It makes extensive use of Active X/COM technology and is specifically designed to allow easy customization of the protocol and message format. The CIMConnect architecture allows equipment suppliers the emerging Internet-based communications of tomorrow as well as e-Diagnostics and CAMX. The current release supports the GEM, SECS-I, SECS-II, and HSMS standards. CIMConnect also supplies the tools to support the GEM300 SEMI standards. CIMConnect includes TESTConnect™ and SECSConnect™.
For more information on the CIMConnect product, please visit the CIMConnect Resources Page.
SECSConnect is a Component Object Module (COM) library for creating host or equipment software applications using SECS-II messaging over HSMS-SS or SECS-I. For advanced testing, it enables the user to write automated tests in C++, C#, VB.NET and other programming languages. SECSConnect makes it very easy to send and receive SECS-II messages asynchronously and includes built-in queues for incoming and outgoing messages. SECSConnect is compatible with Visual C++, Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, and other IDE that support COM interfaces.
For more information on the SECSConnect product, please visit the SECSConnect Resources Page.
TESTConnect is an easy-to-use graphical point-and-click testing tool that can be used for generating and logging host or equipment SECS-II message scenarios. It can also be used to verify and characterize station controller designs or emulate equipment behavior without the need for the actual equipment or coding. The graphical user interface allows test scripts and SECS messages to be created using click, drag, and drop techniques. TESTConnect is designed so personnel with minimal programming knowledge can easily perform SECS testing or characterization.
For more information on the TESTConnect product, please visit the TESTConnect Resources Page.
Back to top