SECS/GEM Interface-to-Host Communication
The award-winning CIMConnect™ software toolkit provides libraries, sample applications, testing tools, and GEM Manual template for developing and deploying communication interfaces on manufacturing equipment. The CIMConnect architecture supports both the SEMI SECS/GEM standard and the SEMI PV2 standard as well as multiple independent host interfaces with a generic communication abstraction layer.
CIMConnect is widely used across the semiconductor, flat panel, solar, LED, PCB, and other electronics industries. It has earned the reputation as the de facto standard for compliance to the SEMI GEM and PV2 standards. Cimetrix remains committed to maintaining continual involvement in the SEMI standards committees to ensure our products evolve in-step with those standards and fab specific scenarios.
CIMConnect is a true native Microsoft Windows solution, delivering the features that enable equipment suppliers to implement a standards-compliant interface with the minimum amount of time and cost. The CIMConnect toolkit offers:
- Industry-tested modules to implement SEMI standards E4, E5, E30, and E37 as well as the PV2 07-09 (PVECI), HB4 standard.
- Support for multiple host connections, reducing development time while improving quality.
- A simple, language-independent process communications architecture and API.
- Fully functional GEM communication out-of-the-box.
- Allows dynamic configuration changes without recompiling, which reduces development effort and acceptance testing time.
- A framework for implementing the SEMI GEM300 standard using another Cimetrix product, the CIM300™ toolkit.
- Testing software is comprised of TESTConnect™ and SECSConnect™.
Visit the CIMConnect Resources page for more information.
- The CIMConnect Service handles all communications to and from host applications.
- The CIMConnect API allows application programs to communicate to the CIMConnect Service using standard process communication interfaces.
- The CIMConnect Control Panel is a GUI tool for dynamically configuring, monitoring, and testing equipment interfaces. CIMConnect ActiveX Controls provide drop-in GEM state machine and terminal service features in the GUI.
When you use a Cimetrix product, our goal is to allow you to control your own destiny. You get our dedicated, passionate support throughout the entire development process. We recommend product training to get your team up to speed quickly. If needed, we also have engineering personnel to work with you on project planning, engineering design, and initial deployment. Talk to us. We also have strong experience replacing older GW products. Let us know your project requirements to see if CIMConnect is a good solution for you.