The Software Framework for Equipment Automation
CIMControlFramework™ is an equipment automation framework based on Microsoft .NET technology. The CCF equipment control solution allows OEMs to meet the supervisory control, material handling, platform and process control and factory automation requirements of the fabs. Equipment suppliers can leverage framework components through configuration and extension, or customize when unique requirements exist.
CIMControlFramework, unlike in-house solutions, is supported and maintained as a product with upgrades, improvements, and performance enhancements.
Our customers [were] demanding high-speed, dependable information from tool suppliers in order to improve yield, productivity and reliability. Axcelis and Cimetrix developed software for our Integra RS tool using CIMControlFramework to deliver optimum data collection, storage, management and analysis. Process and equipment engineers now have more information accessible to them for accurate monitoring and troubleshooting, saving them time and improving performance of the toolset.
Bill Bintz, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Axcelis Technologies, Inc.
What Makes CIMControlFramework Unique?
- Modern, open architecture
- Well defined interfaces allows customization and/or replacement CCF components based on business needs
- Ease transition from current equipment control system to CCF, in an agile, iterative fashion, greatly reducing risk
- New components can be easily added and take advantage of existing services
- CCF GUIs can be developed using either WPF or WinForms
- SECS/GEM, GEM300 and EDA sandards are built-in
- Cimetrix keeps product current with standards at all times
- Source Code
- Provides ultimate control when trying to optimize equipment performance
- OEM's can better leverage in-house exptertise to add value to their process module and platform
- Robust system diagnostics
- Logging is built in and troublshoots problems remotely
Key features include supervisory control and factory automation
CIMControlFramework provides a complete and configurable supervisory control solution.
- User Interface (E95) -
- A complete set of standard user interface 'screens' is included (e.g. job management, configuration, recipe management, process data viewer, etc.).
- Recipe Management
- Scheduler .
- Data Analysis
- Configuration Management
CIMControlFramework leverages Cimetrix's industry-leading factory automation solutions: CIMConnect™ for SECS/GEM, CIM300™ for GEM300, and CIMPortal Plus for on-tool data collection and EDA/Interface A.
- Carrier Management (E87)
- Substrate Tracking (E90)
- Local Operation
- 200mm Operation Mode
- Control Jobs (E94) and Process Jobs (E40)
- Enable testing when equipment is not available.