Smart Connected Factory
Architected for the Industrial Internet of Things
Cimetrix host connectivity products allow factories seamless connectivity to varying factory equipment within a single event-driven framework. Software Development Kits (SDK) provide rapid-deployment tools for factories to mine the treasure trove of data available from shop floor equipment driving actionable insights for optimal decision-making.
Seamless connectivity allows factory IT systems direct access to factory equipment. The resulting bi-directional communication, data collection, and process control establishes the foundation for Industry 4.0, Big Data, and Smart Factory initiatives.
Develop Customized Applications
The Software Development Kits (SDKs) allows factories to develop applications which directly interact with connected equipment allowing factories to implement a multitude of customized solutions. Some examples…
- Critical data collection (reporting, analytics, big data)
- MES system integration (in-house MES or 3rd party MES)
- Traceability data collection (product, material, process)
- Recipe Management (upload, download, notify of change)
- Process control (SPC, closed-loop-feedback)
- Preventative maintenance (machine cycles, alarms, predictive analytics)
- Scrap management (mispicks, vision errors, etc)
- Equipment utilization (uptime, downtime, cycle time, OEE, E10)
- Material management (product control, material consumption, scrap)
- Quality tracking (results from AOI, AXI, SPI, test benches)
Validate Equipment Communication Protocols and Standards Adherence
Cimetrix host connectivity products allow validation of OEM Equipment implementations of equipment-side communication protocols and adherence to standards. These tools can be used by both the Equipment OEM as well as the factory to validate each interface for a wide range of standard protocols.