The Cimetrix Resource Center is a great tool for anyone who wants to learn more about industry standards including GEM (SECS/GEM), GEM300, EDA/Interface A, and more. These standards are among the key enabling technologies for the Smart Manufacturing and Industry 4.0 global initiatives that are having a major impact on many industries. Manufacturers and their equipment suppliers must be able to connect equipment and other data sources, gather and analyze data in real time, and optimize production through a wide variety of applications. The free white papers listed below provide in-depth coverage of the most broadly used equipment connectivity standards. They have been written by technical experts who have participated in and led the standards development process for more than two decades.
- Introduction to the Standards: GEM (SECS/GEM) – SEMI E5, E30, E37
- Introduction to the Standards: GEM300 – E40, E87, E90, E94, E116, E148, E157
- Introduction to the Standards: EDA/Interface A – E120, E125, E132, E134, E164 (and others)
- Introduction to the Standards: PV2 (PVECI)
- Introduction to the Standards: Implementing GEM and PV2
- SECS Messaging Primer
Be sure to stop by our Resource Center any time or download the white papers directly from the links in this posting.